Pesto & Truffles: the gastronomic excellence of Piedmont and Liguria
01/03/2021 - 31/12/2021
ViA(e) is a way of understanding the discovery of a vast territory, which cannot be enclosed within precise territorial borders. The ancient Roman streets become a cue to talk about the facts, people and curiosities of those places connected by ancient roads: streets that unite and intertwine in syngeries, officially tracked streets and streets travelled by habit, convenience or even because less visible, but, in any case, movements of people, goods and words spoken, often, in different languages.
A “sweet” and “slow” way to tell about places but also tangible tourist proposals to experience them in person, through the experiences we can offer thanks to the professionalism of our operators.
• Arrive in Genoa for a guided tour of the shops that make the historical centre of the capital of Liguria unique. A maze of caruggi (narrow lanes) alternating with small and fascinating squares overlooked by churches linked to the most important Genoese noble families. We will walk along medieval lanes and noble streets, admire sumptuous buildings and places of millenary charm, always accompanied by breathtaking views, scents and flavours from around the world.
• Dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation in B&B in the historical centre of Genoa.
• Breakfast in hotel.
• Transfer to Rapallo by train, with a short tour of the town.
• Meeting with Chef Guido in front of his shop, where the secrets of pesto will be revealed: "Pesto show" accompanied by a glass of white wine and a taste of focaccia.
• Return to Genoa by train.
• Dinner at leisure and overnight accommdation in B&B.
• Check out and depart for Piedmont.
• In the afternoon, check in to a charming and stately facility not far from Casale Monferrato.
• Tasting of red and white wines produced by the estate.
• Relax and dinner at leisure.
• Overnight accommodation.
• Breakfast in hotel and departure for Cella Monte with its infernots.
• Arrive at the family-run winery. Visit the historical cellar and its infernot with in-depth explanation of the local wines. At the end of the visit, tasting of the wines produced accompanied by a salami platter.
• Lunch at leisure and transfer to Altavilla Monferrato.
• Visit one of the oldest distilleries of the area. The company has important historic roots: 7 generations of local distillers have been handing down the tradition, becoming one of the most prestigious and award-winning grappa producing companies both nationally and globally.
• Dinner at leisure
• Overnight accommodation.
- Breakfast and check out.
- The stay in Monferrato will end with the Truffle Hunt: an experience in the company of the Truffle hunter and his trusted dog in search of the Truffle through the natural truffle grounds of Monferrato.
- After the hunt lunch inside the ancient historical home of 960.
- Each participant will receive the "Certificate of True Truffle Hunter"
- After Lunch, return.
Price "from", per person, minimum 2 pax. The price includes: - 2 nights in B&B in Genoa - guided tour of Genoa "tour botteghe" 2h30m - transfer by train return trip Genoa-Rapallo - Pesto show - 2 nights in twin room at Cascina Faletta 1881 with breakfast - 1 tasting at the estate - visit and tasting in a winery of Cella Monte - visit and tasting in a grappa producing factory - Truffle hunt - 1 lunch (excluding beverages) - Medical expenses and baggage insurance The price does not include: - Transfers not mentioned, any tourist tax, extras and everything not mentioned under "the price includes"
For confidential and B2B rates please contact the operator offering the package directly.
INFO AND BOOKINGS
Sistema Monferrato - email@example.com
A PROPOSAL REALISED IN ASSOCIATION WITH
Stile DiVino Italy Srl – PI 03612160048
firstname.lastname@example.org - tel: +39 0172 177 3002
Dafne Viaggi – PI 03463700108
email@example.com tel: +39 348 018 2556
Information and contacts